Privacy Notice: Heathrow Consultation website
Heathrow is committed to protecting your personal information. Whenever you provide such information we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal data, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in force from 25 May 2018.
What information will we collect about you?
We will collect the following information about you:
- Your feedback in response to the Heathrow consultation;
- Address and/or postcode;
- Email address;
- Age range;
- Any group you are authorised to respond on behalf of;
- If you are overflown currently by aircraft flying to/from Heathrow;
- IP address (online only).
IP addresses are collected automatically if you contact us online. Apart from that, we only collect the information you choose to give to us).
How will Heathrow use the information it collects about me?
Heathrow will use your personal data for a number of purposes including the following:
- To record accurately and analyse any questions you raise during consultation or feedback you have provided in response to a Heathrow consultation;
- To report on our consultations, setting out what issues have been raised and how we have responded to that feedback (individuals will not be identified in any such reports);
- To personalise communications with individuals we are required to contact as part of future consultation phases.
The lawful justifications for collecting and using your personal data are that it is necessary in the public interest and also for our legitimate interests and those of third parties (including the Planning Inspectorate), to ensure the consultation process, analysis and reporting are accurate and informative, and carried out fairly and lawfully.
Your information will be handled and used by the following recipients in order to record, analyse and report on feedback received:
- Heathrow colleagues;
- Third party service providers;
- Advisors who provide services to us;
- IPSOS Mori;
- The Planning Inspectorate.
We will keep your information within Heathrow and our trusted third parties except where disclosure is required by law, for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies. Your information is processed only in the UK and is not moved or transferred overseas.
How long will Heathrow keep my information?
Your information will be retained and held in a secure environment until our proposals are fully built and operational.
What rights do I have over my personal data?
Under the GDPR, you have the right to:
- Access your personal data;
- Rectification, erasure or restriction of your information;
- Object to processing;
- Data portability.
For further information about exercising your rights, please contact: email@example.com or
Tom Stapleton – Data Protection Officer
Heathrow Airport Ltd
The Compass Centre
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority if you have concerns about how your personal data are being processed. Please go to www.ico.org.uk for further information.