Draft Noise Action Plan 2019-2023
Heathrow brings huge economic benefits both locally and nationally but for all the benefits that Heathrow delivers, we know that aircraft noise remains an issue for those living around the airport.
Our draft Noise Action Plan sets out how we are planning to manage and reduce the impacts of aircraft noise over a five-year period. It contains draft actions that we are proposing to carry out over that period to manage ground and air noise for local communities.
Since our last action plan in 2013, we have made progress in many areas such as:
- The launch of our Fly Quiet and Green league table in 2013;
- A massive reduction in the use of the noisiest classification of aircraft;
- A significant increase in the use of the quietest category of aircraft – to nearly two thirds of all aircraft using Heathrow;
- A reduction in the number of late running departures;
- Trials of new take off and landing procedures which help to reduce noise of arriving and departing aircraft.
We have produced a draft Noise Action Plan for 2019-2023 and want your feedback on the proposals and actions.
Please download a copy of the action plan or summary document using the following links:
Download Consultation Summary
Our draft Noise Action Plan (NAP) sets out how we are planning to manage and reduce the impacts of aircraft noise over the next five-year period. This document broadly summarises the contents of the main Draft Noise Action Plan document.
Download Draft Noise Action Plan
Our draft Noise Action Plan (NAP) sets out how we are planning to manage and reduce the impacts of aircraft noise over the next five-year period. It contains draft actions that Heathrow is proposing to carry out to manage ground and air noise for local communities.
Draft Noise Action Plan Annexes
Supporting Annexes for the Draft Noise Action Plan.
Have your say
This consultation is open for 6 weeks from 16 May to 11.55pm on 26 June 2018. There are a number of ways you can find out more about our proposals and provide us with your comments:
Come to one of our consultation events:
We’re holding consultation events at the Heathrow Academy (Newall Road, Longford, Hayes, TW6 2AP) on the following dates:
- Saturday 2 June 2018 – 10am-4pm;
- Wednesday 6 June – 2pm-8pm;
- Saturday 23 June – 10am-4pm.
Members of the Heathrow noise team will be on hand to answer your questions.
Tell us what you think by:
- Writing to us at: Freepost NOISE ACTION PLAN CONSULTATION
- Sending an email to us at NAP@heathrowconsultation.com
Get in touch
If you would like any help or more information you can:
- Call our freephone number: 0800 344 844
- Send an email to us at NAP@heathrowconsultation.com